Faecal Incontinence Treatment Options
Depending on the cause of your incontinence, treatment may include:
- Dietary changes - Certain recommended foods can improve bowel function and control.
- Medications - Antidiarrheal medicines are used to treat incontinence resulting from loose stools. Other medicines may relax the bowel and treat excessive contractions.
- Special exercises - To help you better control your bowel.
- Neuromodulation - Urgent PC provides a non-drug, non-surgical method of treating Faecal Incontinence.
- Bulking Agent - PTQ Implants provide a minimally-invasive surgical option.
- Surgery - A solution for certain types of severe incontinence when the anal sphincter muscles are injured or torn.